In particular, the dean undertakes the following:
- The implementation of the Institute’s policies in conformity with long-term plans agreed upon with His Beatitude and in coordination with the president of the university.
- The development and enrichment of the Institute with regards to curricula, the academic body, students, buildings, library, and equipment needed to ensure the Institute runs efficiently.
- The undertaking of the following tasks after consultation with the concerned parties, the Institute Council, and according to the provisions of the university’s statutes:
- Suggesting to the head of the university the promotion of full-time professors of whatever ranks according to the university’s academic system, and based on the decision of the Institute’s Council.
- Appointing full-time or part-time professors, teachers, and lecturers, upon the suggestion of the concerned departments and after consultation with the president of the university.
- The formation of the Institute’s budget and programs after consultation with the heads of departments and the directors of the research centers.
- Drafting semester reports concerning the life of the Institute, and submitting it to His Beatitude.
- Preparing an annual report, and submitting it to the president, in order to refer to it later, to His Beatitude and to the Board of trustees.
- Presiding over the Institute’s committees, and appointing a professor to preside over each of these committees.
- Making decisions concerning whether committees’ decisions can be implemented, or are rather mere recommendations to be submitted to the Institute Council in order for the appropriate action to be taken.
- Submitting the decisions of the Institute’s academic body to the president, so that he may make final decisions when necessary.
- Appointing all superiors in the Institute, after seeking the counsel of His Beatitude and the president.
- Supervising the academic program’s implementation at the Institute in coordination with the heads of the departments.
Appointing special provisional committees for particular purposes.